Skip to main content

Storybook Plan

For the main ideas, I want it to be fun. There are centuries worth of stories between the gods and this would be a fun way to explain the goddesses thoughts and points of views. I do not have an overarching theme.

1. Aphrodite

    This will be a tale about her love triangle. It is very drama filled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephaestus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_(mythology)

2. Hera 

    This will be a tale about her anger towards all of Zeus's mistresses. He was never faithful and that made her look bad so she would strike out against the girls. I think that it would be set in a way that the other goddess's are doing an intervention type of scenario.

https://www.theoi.com/Olympios/Hera.html

https://www.theoi.com/Olympios/Zeus.html


3. Persephone

    There are many sides to this story. I want the main story to be through her and how she feels about her mother agreeing to her half a year in hell (literally).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persephone

https://www.ancient.eu/persephone/#:~:text=Persephone%20(aka%20Kore)%20was%20the,all%20forms%20of%20Greek%20art.

 I want to tell this story as a third party but with the camera breaks where each character gets to talk. I think it is important to give each of them a time to tell "their side" because it adds to the drama. But, I do not think I am going to overlap the stories. Many of the characters will be in multiple stories, but they do not overlap in the story line. 

Comments

  1. Hey Brynlee, I am doing something similar with my storybook project! I am taking all of the "lover scorned" type of stories and retelling them in the high school setting. Seeing as most of these Greek Gods and Goddesses' relationships seem like they would be high school drama. I like how you are focusing on the women of mythology. I am sort of doing that too! I am very interested to see what you end up doing with this project. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Comment Wall for Real Goddesses of Ancient Greece Source:  Flickr  https://sites.google.com/view/rgoag/home

Introduction to Me

 Hi! I am a junior at the University of Oklahoma. I am studying psychology with a health and exercise science minor. I love psychology because I think people are very interesting. I do not think people realize how similar they are to other people. I think studying psychology has helped me immensely learn how to work with and adapt to those around me both in personal relationships and in work relationships. Over my two years, I have taken some really interesting courses. I think my favorite so far has been social psychology because I think that there is a lot to be learned about those around us. However, my most challenging class was anatomy. I learned so much about the human body and how phenomenal it is that all of these parts work together to create and function us as human beings. As interesting as it was, it was an extremely difficult course. I was pushed to the point of stress I didn't even know I had. I am a better student because of anatomy but in the moment I was overly str

Week 2 Story

There once was a village that lived right on the edge of the jungle. Because of their proximity, animals would wonder in and out of the village. However, the animals did not bring danger to the townspeople. They lived in harmony. One day, a lion, king of the jungle, was walking through the town. He was trying to decide what to get his sister for her birthday. She was always a big fan of the townspeople's jewelry. He was bouncing from stall to stall at the market. That is when he saw her. The most beautiful maiden he had ever seen. She was tall with light brown hair and hazel eyes that reflected the sun in the perfect way. He was completely awestruck. Across the market, they locked eyes. She had a gentle way about her that made him for once feel like he was not a beast or something to be feared. She held his gaze, until she was ripped away by her mother.      "Don't even think about it, he could tear you to bits in one second" said her mother.     "I don't thi