Skip to main content

Storybook Favorites

The storybook that I read first was the Grimm Villains. I had known this topic because I grew up reading the fairy tales and the bedtime stories. However, I never considered the other point of view. Each of these dives deeper into how the villain was portrayed and decided to tell the story from their point of view. I thought this was a very unique and interesting point to take. I liked the way the student set up their page. It was easy to navigate. It separated the stories but within each of the actual tabs the others were weaved into it. I appreciated the background images and how it represented the true character of the Grimm stories. 

My second story book was Norman Mythology. This was one of my favorites. I loved the modern retelling of some of the favorite fairy tales of childhood. I was familiar with the story chosen but I had never been told it in context of people in my town. It was a fun retelling because it brought the stories not only to life, but to Norman. The introduction did a good job at bringing the story plot and characters into view. I was intrigued to continue reading. I love the character development but also the teamwork that flows through the entire story. The author gripped my attention by including humor and monuments from around Norman and the Oklahoma campus that I know and love. 

Finally, I loved The Real Housewives of Happily Ever After. This is a fun play on pop culture. I am very familiar with the princess stories that were chosen. Similar to the Grimm Villains, this one took a twist on beloved childhood stories. I think that my favorite part was happy hour. All of the time on the show in real life, it is these big, elegant parties, with tons of guests, but with even more drama. I loved the inclusion of this idea into the author's story. I think that the design made the story flow with it. All of the settings were different but with the pictures on each page, it was easy to distinguish where they were going to be set. 

I loved each of these stories. They were attention grabbing, while still being a fun twist on my favorite bedtime stories. I think for my storybook, I want to include the villains. Many of them get a bad reputation but perhaps they have a good side, or they did. Perhaps the evil queen wasn't always evil.


Picture of Snow White storybook. Each character is represented in the picture, including both of the stories villains. Source: Flickr



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

 Hi! I am a junior at the University of Oklahoma. I am studying psychology with a health and exercise science minor. I love psychology because I think people are very interesting. I do not think people realize how similar they are to other people. I think studying psychology has helped me immensely learn how to work with and adapt to those around me both in personal relationships and in work relationships. Over my two years, I have taken some really interesting courses. I think my favorite so far has been social psychology because I think that there is a lot to be learned about those around us. However, my most challenging class was anatomy. I learned so much about the human body and how phenomenal it is that all of these parts work together to create and function us as human beings. As interesting as it was, it was an extremely difficult course. I was pushed to the point of stress I didn't even know I had. I am a better student because of anatomy but in the moment I was overly str

Comment Wall

Comment Wall for Real Goddesses of Ancient Greece Source:  Flickr  https://sites.google.com/view/rgoag/home

Week 2 Story

There once was a village that lived right on the edge of the jungle. Because of their proximity, animals would wonder in and out of the village. However, the animals did not bring danger to the townspeople. They lived in harmony. One day, a lion, king of the jungle, was walking through the town. He was trying to decide what to get his sister for her birthday. She was always a big fan of the townspeople's jewelry. He was bouncing from stall to stall at the market. That is when he saw her. The most beautiful maiden he had ever seen. She was tall with light brown hair and hazel eyes that reflected the sun in the perfect way. He was completely awestruck. Across the market, they locked eyes. She had a gentle way about her that made him for once feel like he was not a beast or something to be feared. She held his gaze, until she was ripped away by her mother.      "Don't even think about it, he could tear you to bits in one second" said her mother.     "I don't thi